Friday, September 3, 2021

Ginter Friday

 I did not accomplish my goal of posting every day this week, but today does mark 3 out of 5.  I had issues with my internet provider for a couple of days, and posting from my phone is too difficult for me.  Maybe after the holiday I can crank things up a bit.  To end the week, I have a small pwe trade from TCDB member Lawsgt to go over.  

These are my first 2021 Ginter cards.  The design is about the same as previous year, but with a little more added color.  About what you should expect for this product.


I also received my first mini.  This one has a A&G back to it.  DeJong has not had a very good 2021 season.  He has somewhat lost his starting job to Edmundo Sosa after being an All Star in 2019.  Maybe he will play better the last few weeks and get his average over .200.

One Cardinal that has not struggled this year is Goldschmidt.  30 home runs, 100 RBIs, and a .300 batting average could still be done.  I have always like the National Baseball Card Day set.  The designs are simple, yet not as boring as some of the flagships sets.


It has been almost 1 year since Bob Gibson passed away last October.  This 2004 Playoff Prestige Achievements inserts highlights his outstanding 1968 season.  His 28 complete games that year were second in the league to Juan Marichal's 30.  Adam Wainiwright is tied for the league league this year with 3.  Times have certainly changed.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment