Thursday, September 23, 2021

Lots of Ginter

If you have read my blog for a while, you know I am not a big fan of Allen & Ginter.  It is not that I dislike the looks of the cards or the player selection.  It is more about the content.  First, I am not a huge fan of minis.  I hate storing them, and A&G has a ton of variations of them.  Second, I really dislike the gimmick cards.  When I buy a pack of baseball cards, I want a baseball card.  I do not need cards of flags, flowers, world leaders, singers, or whatever else you can think off.  Some collectors love that type of thing and I have no problem with that.  It is just not for me.  That is why I have not purchased any Ginter packs in forever.  I rely on trades like a this one with TCDB member bubbabums to get me A&G Cardinals.  


My 2021 team base set will be complete once another trade comes in.  I will still have plenty of insets and dreaded minis to track down. 


I am uncertain if Allen & Ginter X included all the gimmick cards.  Even if they did not, I doubt I would buy any as it is an online product.  I still need 2 short prints to finish the 2016 team set.


My 2020 Allen & Ginter X team set is a little farther from completion.  I still need 3 for this one, with one being a short print.  


Not everything in the package was A&G related.  I received 3 new gold cards, 2 from 2009 Bowman and 1 from 2008 Topps.  I have had a nice run lately on the Topps Gold cards.  


The last card is off former farmhand Eli Montero who is now in Colorado after being a part of the Nolen Arenado trade.  Montero had a pretty good season in Double A before bumping up to Triple A.  I am not sure who plays 3rd for  Colorado right now, but I would not doubt Montero will see time there next year.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment