Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Trio of Duos

 A lot of the trades I made from the Chrome blaster break are of the smaller variety.  Usually I do not like trades of less than 5 cards, but if what I am getting back has decent value I am ok with it.  3 such trades arrived over the weekend from The Bench members.  First up is a pair of Topps Gold Cardinals from member roger16.

Every now and then I will find Gold parallels in the dime or quarter bins at card shows, but almost never any Cardinals.  Glad to cross these 2 off the want list , especially an older one like the 2005 Sanders.

Next up is a pair of Trevor Rosenthal refractors from member pmknox.


I am not sure which of these 2013 Chrome refractors I like better.  The orange looks great, but the black is numbered to 100.  I will call it a tie.

The final pair of cards came from member bblair_2002.


The pink Flaherty is from 2020 Chrome, while the Kim is a 2021 Heritage short print.  I need to find the Bader short print to complete the team set.  Kim got the win last night in a wild extra innings game against the Mets.  If the playoffs started today, the Cardinals would be the second wild card.  Never thought I would be saying that after such a bad season.



  

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy to see the Cards in the Wild Card spot. It should be a fun last two weeks of the season as all the teams vie for the spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a tough road ahead playing the Padres, Brewers, and Cubs.

      Delete