Monday, December 13, 2021

Cards From Ron B

I received a wonderful Cardinals package from Trading Bases member Ron B on Friday.  You may recall numerous trade recaps with Ron this past year.  I have lost count how many packages we have sent to each other.  Most of the time they arrive without any warning.  I did know of a few cards in this package, but quite a few were a nice surprise. 


I knew Ron was sending the last cards I needed for my 2021 A&G team set.  Always nice to finish one off.


I also knew he was send me some minis, but not black bordered ones or A&G backs like the Carlson and Arenado.  


Ron found these 2 2000 Paramount  Ruby parallels in a dime box at a show and gambled that I needed them.  He was correct.  I have a copy of the Lankford in my player collection, so this one goes in the team box.  


I completed my 2021 Topps Gold Star set a few months ago, but only have a few from 2020.  Ron added the Bader to that set along with a nice 2006 Greats of the Game Pewter Lou Brock.  


The last of the cards I knew about were all pitchers. The 2007 Opening Day Gold Carpenter is nice, but the highlight is the Jack Flaherty numbered to 99.  Gibson is a 2021 Prizm insert, Kim a 2020 Panini Chronicles Certified card.


If you know me, you know minis are not my favorite type of cards.  I do have quite a few of the recent Topps Mini cards in my collection, but none of the numbered variety like this great Ozzie numbered to 25, or the Fuentes numbered to 62. 


My favorite cards of the package were these 2 1974 Kelloggs cards.  Are they gem mint?  No, but other than a slight curl and a few cracks they are wonderful.  






No comments:

Post a Comment