Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Heavy on the 2021

Today I get away from the pwe trade recaps to highlight a larger package from TCDB user Tjernst2.  He had quite a few 2021 Cardinals for me along with a couple of other random cards.  



My 2021 Archives base set is not complete minus the short print variations.  It is hard for me to pick a favorite design this year.  It is a toss up between 1983 and 1991 Topps.  I will say I am not a big fan of the Arenado 2091 card.  The background just does not work well with a random pattern on top and bottom with a background strip in the middle.


I also completed the 2021 Panini Prizm and Absolute Retail sets.  Topps Fire should not be a problem with only 2 more cards to track down.  Mosaic will be more challenging with 6 more cards left.  Maybe they will start showing up at card shows.


  
Mosaic did a great job with the inserts this year.  I have been fighting the urge to buy into a break in order to pull some of these.  Sooner or later the was price will drop, or the cards will be more available at shows.  


I like the idea of the Archives Poster cards, but I question putting Dontrelle Willis on this Black Aces card.  I guess you could consider him the Marlins ace for a handful of years.  The 2019 Martinez is a Holo Orange parallel.  My scanner makes it look gold.


I am pretty sure my son will not get to 500 Altuves by the end of the year.  These 2 put him at 464.  We might hit 1 more show this month, but would need to have a lot of luck finding ones he needs.  Maybe Santa will help out his total.




No comments:

Post a Comment