Monday, December 19, 2022

2022 Topps Holiday Mega Box Break

I have been looking for 2022 Topps Holiday Mega Boxes for a week now.  Santa came early to my Walmart over the weekend.  It has been years since I saw the card aisle that stocked.  There were at least 10 blasters of all the newest releases: Stadium Club, A&G, Bowman Platinum, Bowman Mega Boxes, and Topps Holiday.  The Bowman Megas were tempting until I saw the $50 price tag.  They may sit there awhile, along with the $35 Topps Chrome blasters.  

I settled for 1 box of Holiday that my son and I opened after getting home.  I love the value in these boxes, even with the $5 increase to $25.  100 cards per box with an auto or game used along with the chance for some cool-looking variations.  


Topps does a nice job with the box topper ornaments.  Ohtani was a good start to the box.


I like the garland border and the snowflake background of this year's design.  Quite the festive touch.  


I pulled our 3 Cardinals from the box.  My son was a little disappointed not pulling the Altuve, but I am sure someone on TCDB will have 1 for trade.


Metallics are 1:2 packs this year.  I am glad the colored border makes them easier to spot than in previous years.  The red metallics look really sharp.  


We beat the 1:7 odds of pulling a variation with these 2 cards.  I pulled the candy cane sleeve Buxton, while my son pulled the Melendez candy cane bat.  That one was hard to spot.


Our relic was a blue metallic numbered to 99.  Not a bad way to wrap a fun break.




4 comments:

  1. Nice Ohtani tree and Duran relic. The Topps Holiday set is always a fun, affordable break and it's become a bit of a year-end tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This is the 3rd year my son and I have opened a blaster.

      Delete
  2. Nice box. Bummed I missed this sale on Walmart's app, as my kid would definitely enjoy opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will have some luck in store if you want to brave the weather and crowds. My Walmart has been well stocked for a few months.

    ReplyDelete