Thursday, December 22, 2022

Exchanging Numbers

Last week I worked out a trade with The Bench member Scobes that has to be one of my top 5 of 2022.  Nothing really high dollar was exchanged, but the content was outstanding.  I sent him 12 numbered Phillies cards I found at the last card show a couple of weeks ago.  Those cards cost me $1.  In exchange, he sent 8 Cardinals from the early 2000s.  All of them are short-printed rookies, with 7 of them being numbered.  It has been forever since I have knocked off any of these from my want list.


I will start with a couple of 2001 cards.  I guess the Snead Topps Traded gold is not really a short print but rather a numbered parallel.  The Ortega is an SP Authentic short print numbered to 1250.


These 2 short print rookies numbered to 2025 are from the 2002 Donruss Best of Fan Club set.  My scanner did not to a good job of capturing the glossy fronts.  Donruss went crazy in the early 2000s producing set after set.  Why they made a Fan Club and Best of Fan Club in the same year can only be explained as a money grab.  


These 2 Crudale cards are also from 2002.  The Fleer Premium is numbered to 2002, the Fleer Box Score is numbered to 2499.  Ever wonder who decided what number to put on these cards?  Why not just make it easy like Topps Gold cards.


The Dan Haren portion of the trade features a Fleer Genuine numbered to 1000, a Playoff Absolute numbered to 1000, and a Fleer EX short print.  Haren had a ton of rookie cards in 2003.  At the time of his trade to Oakland, I though the Cardinals got the better end of the deal receiving Mark Mulder.  Mulder had 1 good year in 2005, then spent the next 3 years being injured before retiring.  Haren would win 147 games and make 3 All Star teams.  No doubt who won that trade.


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment