Tuesday, December 20, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #28

I thought last week was going to be my last 2 for Tuesday post, but I received 1 trade package and a pay it forward package from TCDB members, so I will squeeze 1 in today.  First up is the pay it forward from member mzentko.


Mark is a fellow Cardinals fan that I have traded/exchanged cards with many times, even once in person.  I joked with him that these would be a gold mine if they were from this year instead of 2019.  They will have a nice permanent home in my collection.

The second package was a trade from member Dmurry.  


Drew was a very good player in his 6 years in St. Louis, but he is more remembered for being the main piece going to Atlanta in the Adam Wainwright trade that happened 19 years ago.  I doubt anyone thought Wainwright would be playing longer than Drew.  12 more years, to be exact, after he pitches in 2023.  I need quite a few of his rookie cards thanks to a lot of them being short printed.


  
I am now 1 card away from completing the 29-card team set from the 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary after adding these 2 cards.  Just have to track down a Carlos Martinez.  I was able to complete the 2022 Topps Chrome set now that Nootbaar has arrived.  Now to start working on the Update series.


My son's Altuve collection sits at 594 different cards.  600 is in site, but I doubt he will reach it before 2023.  We plan to organize his 2 binders over Christmas break to verify all the cards.  Should be a fun time.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment