Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Card Show Recap: Just the Keepers

My son and I were able to hit up a card show on Saturday.  I believe it was advertised as 75 tables, which was close.  It was less than an hour's drive away, free admission, and we needed to do some Christmas shopping in the same town, so it was well worth the trip. 

We spent close to an hour and a half there.  We bought from 3 different dealers and spent a total of $19.  Most of that was with the same dealer from the November show who had the 12/$1 boxes.  Today I will show the cards we are keeping except for 1.  I will go in reverse order of how we purchased them.


The third dealer we bought from had 2 monster boxes of quarter cards.  A lot of them were base cards, but we found 1 Cardinal and 2 Altuves we needed.  I added the Barnes gold I added to make an even $1.  I hate carrying change at a show.


The second dealer had 3 50-cent boxes full of cards from 2021 and 2022.  There were some Cardinals from Stadium Club and Allen & Ginter I could use, but I held off in hopes of trading for them.  My son pulled these 4 Altuve cards for $2.  Funny how I will not pay 50 cents for 2022 Cardinal card but will for an Altuve card.  It is money well spent to grow my son's interest in cards.  I make him check his list to see which cards he still needs.  I pay for them upfront.  He repays me if he gets home and discovers I bought a duplicate.

We spent most of our time at the first dealer's 12/$1 boxes.  He had 4 monster boxes filled with older Bowman cards.  No really big names, but a lot of value for less than a dime per card.  We pulled 120 cards from those boxes for $10 and spent another $6 on other cards.


I will show off the Cardinals by year.  2012 is first with 2 blue refractors numbered to 250 and 2 blue paper parallels numbered to 500.  


The 2013 cards feature 2 blue wave refractors, a regular refractor, 2 blue paper parallels numbered to 500, and an orange paper parallel numbered to 250.


The only 2014 card I found was a refractor numbered to 500.  



There were a ton of 2015 cards in the boxes.  Regular refractors numbered to 499, orange and blue wave refractors, green refractor numbered to 99, yellow paper parallels, silver paper parallel numbered to 499, and a purple refractor numbered to 250.  



There were quite a few 2016 cards.  He had duplicates of a lot of them.  I picked up  copy of the silver parallels numbered to 499, the regular refractors, and a black and gold border.


2017 was the last year I found any Cardinals.  Above is a purple refractor numbered to 250 and a blue paper parallel numbered to 150.  I did not check my have list before buying these, so I ended up with 4 duplicates I did not show.  For less than $3, I added 30 Cardinals to my collection.  Pretty great deal.


At the November show, the dealer told us to check his EBAY page for anything we could use.  I found 3 Altuves cards my son needed for $10.  He pulled them and charged us $6, but made a mistake.  The 2022 Altuve was supposed to be a prism refractor.  He told us to keep the base card and promised to hold onto the prism until we see him again.  

Next post, I will show off all the trade bait I bought in the 120 card lot.  





  

  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment