Monday, December 5, 2022

Missing 1, but still Received More

One thing I make sure to do before I accept a trade offer is to pull all the cards the other party wants.  Not sure how other people feel, but I get a little embarrassed if I agree to a trade and later have to contact the other person to say I cannot find a card.  But mistakes happen, so I have learned to just go with the flow unless the missing card is very valuable.  A recent trade with TCDB member ShowStorm is a perfect example.  After agreeing to a trade, he could not find one card that I wanted.  He more than made up for it with some extra cards.  

  


These 4 cards were part of the original trade.  3 different types of cards I love to get in trades: a minor league card, a short print, and a couple of parallels from over 20 years ago.  


I also knew I was getting the 2021 Update Wainwright.  Everything else that I will show the trader added.  The Mulder is a silver parallel from 2006 Fleer.


A couple of parallels from 2022 Donruss, including the second Waino of the package.  Last week he announced he would be playing in the 2023 World Baseball Classic.  That is a nice way to finish his final year.



These 2 third basemen were traded for each other before the 2008 season.  Rolen played 5 more seasons after leaving St. Louis, but was never the same player thanks to injuries.  Glaus spent 2 years in St. Louis.  2008 he played well but spent most of 2009 injured before leaving for Atlanta as a free agent.  There were 3 other Rolen cards, but he was with the Phillies so those ended up in my trade box.


Finally, my son also received this 2022 Gypsy Queen Altuve insert.  I will give ShowStorm credit for replacing 1 card with quite a few that I needed.  Wish all traders made up for their mistakes like him.    I currently have an open trade where I received 3 common cards instead of the parallel versions.  Other guy has failed to make things right after 2 weeks and numerous messages.  
  


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment