Monday, December 26, 2022

Trade with some Fire

I was a little surprised to receive mail on Saturday.  My mailman did not deliver on Friday due to bad road conditions.  Things improved some on Saturday, but not much.  If it was me, I would have taken a very long weekend, but props to my carrier for working on Christmas Eve.  Along with a couple of Christmas cards, I received a nice pwe trade from TCDB member ntlwhlr.  We have traded 8 times over the years.  It is nice to have a partner to trade my unwanted Brewers to.  I am sure he thinks the same about his Cardinals cards.  


I almost bought a box of 2022 Topps Fire a couple of weeks ago while Christmas shopping, but resisted the urge.  It is a fun break, but my cart was already fun with gifts.  I will stick to the trade route to get my team set and any other inserts/parallels like the Wainiwright gold minted and Arenado flame.  


2021 Topps Gallery featured 2 common parallels, rainbow foil and printer proof.  Neither is very unique, but at least Topps included cards of Hall of Fame players like the great Bob Gibson.


With this 2019 holo purple and the 2022 Topps Holiday relic from yesterday's break, my son has 597 different Altuve cards.  Barring something strange, he will just fall short of 600 by the end of 2022.  I do not have any trades incoming, nor do I plan any trips to a card shop or show.  He will be plenty busy the next day or two adding about 40 of them to his new album.
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment