Thursday, January 27, 2022

Another Devilish Trade

There are over 60,00 registered members on TCDB.  I am not sure how many of those are active, but I would bet it is well below 50%.  There are also members who have no interest in trading, rather just using the site to keep track of their collections.  That still leaves thousands of members who are just like me and looking for a trade.  

There are members who I know I can work out a trade with almost anytime.  There are others who I have never traded with before, but have a few trade matches with.  These are the ones I like to reach out to and see if we can work something out.  Earlier this month, I worked out a deal with member DukeyDevil.  Our first trade was a nice and easy transaction.  He has since added more cards to his trade list, so we were able to complete our second trade of the month last week.  


In our first trade I received a Lou Brock 1986 Sportflics card.  This time it was Bob Gibson.  Maybe Dukey will find the other 5 cards I need for the team set.


It is always nice to add a minor league card to my collection.  Some people may not like these cards because they have little to no value compared to the flashy cards of today, but this 1990 CMC card is right up my alley.  


I only need 1 more Ozzie to complete the 2002 UD Prospect Premieres subset.  There are 9 cards that feature a different highlight in his career and a checklist.  It is fun remembering the highlights of his great career like his walkoff home run in the 1985 NLCS.


I have received a lot of cards of Cardinals first basement recently.  The McGwire photo variation completed the 2000 Pacific team set.  Pujols is a 2011 Topps Attax card.  I need to find 3 more to finish this one included a Fredbird card.  

    


No comments:

Post a Comment