Monday, January 3, 2022

Back to Normal

I am betting a lot of you are like me and had to return to work today after a few days off for the holidays.  I am somewhat glad to be out of the house and away from all the sweets and leftovers that have been hard to avoid.  I would not be shocked to find out I gained my winter 10 pounds in the last 10 days. 

 Another benefit of coming back to work is a faster internet connection.  I live in a rural area where most of the major providers do not have service.  At times it can be very slow trying to upload photos to my posts.  That is a big reason I do not post very much on the weekends.  It is so much easier to save photos to a jump drive and finish a post during a break or my lunch hour.  Hopefully this week I can put a good dent in my backlog of trade recaps.  Today I will start with one from TCDB member Nippy Jones.  I sent a stack of Brewers his direction in return for 6 Cardinals.


Even though I only received 2 Cardinals in my 2021 Holiday blaster box, I have had good luck trading for others like these two.  The base set will not be very hard to complete, but the Metallic parallels will take some work.


The other base card I received was this great 2011 Topps Tribute Dizzy Dean.  It is hard to go wrong with a premium card of a Hall of Famer.


There were more than 10 different color parallels to chase from 2014 Topps.  Green is not my favorite (hard to top Red Foil ), but I will never pass up a Cardinals card of Freese I do not have.


Last but not least are a couple of 2013 refractors of 2 former Cardinals pitchers.  Wacha was great for a short stretch, but could not stay healthy.  Boston will be his third team in 3 years since leaving St. Louis.  Lynn has pitched for 4 different teams in his 4 seasons away from the Cardinals and has remain a rotation work horse.  He is 1 pitcher I am sure the Cardinals wish they had back.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment