Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Devilish Trade

One of the fun things about trading on TCDB is the usernames.  Mine is rl16, which is my favorite player's initials and his Cardinals uniform number.  Not very creative, but it is easy to remember if I ever have to log in.  Some names I have no clue what they mean.  Others I can take a pretty good guess, such as a recent trade with member DukeyDevil.  I did not ask him, but I assume he is a Duke Blue Devils fan.  I could not find out from our trade though, as it only involved baseball cards.  I sent him some set needs in return for the usual batch of Cardinals.


I wonder Fanatics will produce any stickers once they take over the Topps brand.  I would guess no as I cannot see it being a big money maker for them.  There are still plenty from the 1980s I need to find anyway.


This is my first tri-fold card from 1993 Upper Deck All Time Heroes.  I first discovered these a few months ago from reading someone's blog.  Nice concept to honor the past greats, but storage will be an issue.  It will most likely end up in a shoe box with some other odd sized cards like Topps Super and Donruss Action All Stars.


Speaking of greats, here are 3 that are in the Cardinals top 10 of all time.  My favorite card of this bunch is the 1986 Sportflics Decade Greats Lou Brock.  The Pujols almost completed the 22 card 2002 Donruss Originals team set.  Just have to find a Pujols short print card.  


I hope Fanatics does not make silly mistakes like putting the wrong player on a card.  That is Lane Thomas on the 2019 Topps Gallery Wood parallel, but that is not Dakota Hudson.  Any Cardinals fan will tell you it is Jack Flaherty.


I have never heard of 2019 Topps PKWY cards before this trade.  Thanks to Cardboard Connection, I found out this promotional set came with the purchase of youth socks.  


The final 2 cards really do not have anything in common other than neither player had much of a career with the Cardinals.  Tilson never played a game in St. Louis before being traded to the White Sox.  Gall played in 30 games between 2005 and 2006, but only played in 3 more career games with the Marlins after that.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment