Thursday, January 6, 2022

Older Trade

I am ashamed to say how long the cards in today's post have been sitting on my desk.  I received a very nice package from TCDB member frankgifford on December 16th.  In the past I always highlight packages in the order I receive them.  In the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I found myself just scanning the trades with the fewest cards.  With one less stack to be scanned, I did feel like I was somewhat keeping up.  

Getting back on point, I sent 11 different White Sox cards to frankgifford in exchange for these 15 Cardinals.  I also received 1 Altuve for my son's collection, but he already filed it away in his binder and I am to lazy to get it out for a scan.  


There were only 3 base cards in the lot: 2006 Sweet Spot Update Edmonds, 1998 Flair Morris, and 1990 CMC Silver.  My favorite is the CMC card.  I love the old Louisville Redbirds logo.  


I have never seen this 1994 Fleer insert before this trade.  Hard to believe I never ran across such a common card from the overproduction era.  


There were 3 different Bowman inserts: 1997 International, 2006 Heritage Silver Foil, and 2009 Gold.  The Jordan International is the best of these 3.  Those black borders were notorious for chipping issues, but it is still a great looking card.


There were 2 2018 Topps Rainbow Foil cards.  The O'Neill is from Update.  Love this picture of him rounding third base after hitting a home run.


3 more Topps Gold parallels found their way into my collection.  One each from 2015, 2016, and 2017.  The 2016 team set is getting close with only 5 more to go out of 21 cards.  


The last 3 cards feature a 2019 Topps 150 Years of Baseball insert, a 2016 Topps Holiday Metallic Snowflake, and a 2018 Topps Big League Blue parallel.  The Big League Blue has a great shot of the famous Stan Musial statue that sits outside of Busch Stadium.  There is a famous saying for people going to Cardinals games:  "Meet Me at the Musial Statue."  I have done it myself numerous times.    



No comments:

Post a Comment