Thursday, January 20, 2022

Birds for Birds

You may think from the title that today's post is another Cardinals for Cardinals trade recap.  I do have a rather large trade like that to write about, but today is a different birds for birds trade.  TCDB member George1369 is a Orioles team collector who I have trade with a couple times before.  Our latest trade involved 50 Orioles, 17 Cardinals, and 1 Astro.  I am pretty sure you can guess who ended up with which cards, but I am going to show you my end anyway.


Baseball America named Walker the #24 prospect in baseball earlier this week.  That is high praise for a 19 year old who has not reached Double A yet.  Funny how Topps used 2 different uniform numbers on these Bowman Platinum cards.  The airbrush job on the Precious Elements insert is a little better than the Top Prospects card.


Here we have 4 pitchers on various inserts except for the 2021 Optic base of Flaherty.  The Orange Mikolas numbered to 299 stands out in this group.


A couple more inserts from 2021 featuring Ozzie and Yadi.  The 1986 Ozzie wins in my book due to the nostalgic factor.  The first pack of cards I ever opened was 1986 Topps.


Moving on the non logo part of the trade, we have some 2021 Mosaic cards.  The Wainwright is a blue camo parallel, the Brock a mosaic parallel.  Kim is just a regular base card that brings my team set needs down to 1.



Prizm had quite a few parallels sets that also had colored parallels.  Green works well for the Fearless insert, but not so much for Old School.  The Carlson Fearless is my second copy following the one I received from Kerry.  I have found the duplicate a good home already in another Cardinals fan's collection.



The Goldschmidt portion of the trade features a Red Wave parallel, a Pink Prizm, and a Absolute insert.  The Red Wave is a really sharp looking card.


Last but not least is a 2021 Carolina Blue Prizm for my son's Altuve collection.  The scan really brought out the colors in this one.  


  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment