Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  Although it has bee about a week since my last post, it seems like it has been a year.  My brother's family arrived from Colorado last Monday and stayed until Saturday morning.  It is great to have them around, but it can get very hectic around the house with 8 people in it.  Glad things will be getting back to normal.  

Incoming trades and packages continued to arrive last week.  I now have 11 different stacks of cards to post about.  Might as well start today with a trade package from TCDB member Matt9975.  This one has been sitting on my desk since December 20th.  


What better way to start a trade than with a team set completion from 27 years ago.  1995 Collector's Choice is finally done thanks to these 2 traded cards.  Who knew such a simple set would take so long to finish.


Moving up a year to a couple of 1996 cards.  The Gilkey is a Tiffany parallel.  


 I also received a pair of 1997 cards.  The Jordan finished the Pinnacle Inside team set.  



It is not very often I receive 2 Mike Matthews cards I need in a trade.  While I love added Topps Gold parallels to my collection, the 2 UD 40 Man cards were a bigger highlight for me.  I am down to needed 4 more Cardinals to finish the 44 card team set.  I may have to place a Sportlots order to finish this one.


The last 2 cards are a couple of Cardinals greats.  The Molina finished my 2014 Topps Archives set, while the Ozzie is from the 2002 UD Prospect Premiers Heroes of Baseball set.  I have 6 of 10 Smith cards from the set.  


No comments:

Post a Comment