Tuesday, January 11, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #6

It is Tuesday, so that means another couple of recaps from TCDB trades.   This may have to become a biweekly feature if I ever plan to catch up.  Both of these pwe trades arrived last week.  First up is a four pack of Cardinals from member bobbytoskey.


I have gotten over my urge to buy into a Mosaic break.  I still love seeing all the cool parallels, but with my team set down to needing just 1 card I doubt I would get very good value out of a break.  


It is very strange seeing Jon Lester in a Cardinals uniform.  He did a pretty decent job last year after coming over at the trade deadline.  I still think of him as a Cub or Red Sox though.  

The second trade brought 4 Cardinals from member kin9pin5.


I am not sure how many different cards Carlson has in 2021 Panini Chronicles.  These are my first 2.  There are other base cards that are more flashy like the acetate Magnitude set.  There will be plenty of Cardinals to chase down from Chronicles for a long time.


There are a ton of 2021 Heritage High Number blasters sitting at my local Walmart.  The demand is not there for this set.  I have passed on buying any just like the majority of collectors.  There is only 1 Cardinals short print to find, so this set should not be too difficult to finish.  The Arenado is from 2021 Prizm.  I like the name of the insert, but it could have been a little more flashy.  When I think of stars, I think of something bright and flashy.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment